At Dr. Sonal Kapoor Physiotherapy Clinic, we care for you, we care for your thoughts, emotions and relationships… THE RESULT YOU WANT. THE CARE YOU DESERVE.
“LET’S DO IT TOGETHER, FOR YOUR BEAUTIFUL LIFE!!”
PHYSIO FOR CANCER PATIENTS – The growing global population with cancer faces unique challenges – from their disease and from the treatments they receive. Cancer rehabilitation can be defined as helping a person with cancer to help himself or herself to obtain maximum physical, social, psychological, vocational functioning with in the limits imposed by the disease and its treatment.
Physiotherapists play a key role in the care of patients with cancer. Our Cancer rehabilitation physiotherapists are nerve, muscle, and bone experts who treat injuries or illnesses that affect how you move you muscles. By taking the whole body into account, we are able to accurately pinpoint problems and enhance performance. They make a unique and tremendous contribution to helping you achieve good health and a good quality of life. We provide tailored exercises and lifestyle advice that can also help people reduce their risk of getting cancer. Exercise can improve quality of life for cancer patients, regardless of the type and stage of their disease.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN YOU SEE A PHYSIOTHERAPIST?
When you see a physio, they will assess your problem and devise a care plan. This will involve agreeing realistic goals. Your physio will ask you about your current symptoms, medical history and how your cancer is affecting your day-to-day life. He or she will also talk to you about what sort of exercise you feel you can manage. Everything you tell the physio will be completely confidential.
- Pain (Muscular, skeletal etc)
- Decreased or increased appetite
HOW PHYSIOTHERPY HELPS
- Special physiotherapy can also alleviate distressing symptoms such as lymphoedema and fatigue.
- Helps in improving quality of life.
- Physiotherapy can help you gain enough strength and mobility to return to work- ADL management.
- Weight management.
- Facilitating community supports.
- Recovery post surgery.
- Depression management.
- Physiotherapy reduces pain and improves shoulder function and quality of life following axillary dissection after breast cancer.
- Mobility and Stretching exercises promote the recruitment of collateral lymphatics pathway.
- Helps in Musculoskeletal Impairments.
- Mobility issues, balance and gait assessment.
- Massage improve the lymph circulation, especially subcutaneous circulation, stimulate the initial lymphatics.
- Stretching the lymph vessels, consequently improves the removal of interstitial fluid.
- Giving Multidisciplinary complex decongestive physiotherapy (CDP).
Apart from basic Cancer rehabilitation, Dr. Sonal Kapoor Physiotherapy Clinic provides other treatments as well.