At Dr. Sonal Kapoor Physiotherapy Clinic, we care for you, we care for your thoughts, emotions and relationships… THE RESULT YOU WANT. THE CARE YOU DESERVE.
We provide both PreNatal and PostNatal Programs. These rehabilitations are designed to address the special needs of expecting, new mothers and their babies. With the changing shape of your body and the added effects of pregnancy hormones, it is not uncommon to experience aches and pains during pregnancy.
“WE GUIDE YOU TO NORMAL DELIVERY!!”
PreNatal is basically a type of preventing healthcare. It’s main goal is to provide a medical care to a women who are expecting a baby. This care is provided by the team of experts. In PreNatal Program we offer an integrated approach to health care that would lead to a healthier and easier pregnancy and normal delivery. There are women who are experiencing a high risk pregnancy. For them, we provide private sessions under the observation of the senior physiotherapist.
- Abdominal separation
- Symphysis pubis dysfunction: symptoms may include pain in the pubic bone especially when walking or seperating the legs.
- Sacrolilliac joint dysfunction: Pain around dimple joints at the back of the pelvis, buttocks and down the legs.
- Lower back pain: Pain when walking or standing on one leg.
- Thoracic spine pain: This may present itself as general tightnedd, pain localised to the rib cage or pain when deep breathing.
- Knee pain.
HOW PHYSIO HELPS:
- K taping
- Education of the pelvic floor
- Education regarding posture and back care
- Exercises to improve muscle control around your pelvis and spine
- Instruct patients on how to perform exercises safely and effectively
- Screen patients to ensure they could safely participate in an exercise program
- Safe modalities like TENS for pain relief
- Assess patients for posture, strength, flexibility, balance as well as any musculoskeletal issues that could have a bearing on pregnancy
“REGAIN YOUR FITNESS & CONFIDENCE!!”
Pregnancy and labour can take its toll on your body, and many women suffer with PostNatal conditions for some time after birth. In PostNatal program , a full physical assessment will be carried out at our clinic so that you regain your body shape, overcome your pain and build up your confidence. After delivery you face so many problems. Some of them are:
- Delivery Scars.
- Pelvic floor muscle weakness and stress incontinence.
- Lower back pain.
- Thoracic spine pain.
- Neck and upper shoulder pain and stiffness.
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction.
HOW PHYSIO HEPLS:
- Weight management.
- Advice on posture.
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation.
- Exercises concentrating on abdomen correction.
- Breast sagging prevention posture correction.
- Counselling and treatment of Sexual dysfunction.
- Advice on back care whilst feeding and lifting your baby.
- Mobilisations and stretches for stiff joints and the spine.
- Pelvic floor assessment and treatment – Urinary Incontinence and Genital Prolapse.
Apart from basic PreNatal- PostNatal Programs, Dr. Sonal Kapoor Physiotherapy Clinic provides other treatments as well.